WARRIOR - DAVE DAWSON



💿 Hi, it’s a pleasure for us to have on Hardrockheavymetal DAVE DAWSON of NWOBHM band WARRIOR! Let’s start talking about the early days of the band. When is this all begun? Which bands have influenced you? We started around September 1979. I knew a couple of the lads in the original line-up before we got together to form the band. We started off playing covers by bands who influenced us. Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, AC/DC, UFO, Scorpions and Bad Company to name a few. I was a huge Michael Schenker fan and still am now. After a few month I thought it would be a good idea to start trying to write our own material instead of just playing covers. 2 of the earliest known songs written were Warrior and Flying High. It all began in a place we called The Barn which was an outbuilding on a farm where the other guitarist Tony Watson lived with his parents. We practised there virtually every day we were so enthusiastic. We good leave our gear set up there which made things easy. 💿 In your career you’ve published EP, singles and a live album (LIVE IN A DIVE!) but not a studio full-length..what was missing in 80’s to achieve success? Some of the original members wanted to move into playing more pop music which was not what I wanted to do and this was the start of many line-up changes. This constantly meant that the new members had to keep learning the old stuff which meant that Tony and I who were the only original member left could not get on and write new materiall. This took its toll and I got so fed up that I left and the band folded 2 weeks later. It had always been planned that our full length album back then would be called Invasion Imminent so that is why I have called our new album this. 💿 In these days we’re in waitin’ for the physical copy of your first full-length INVASION IMMINENT, digitally out on April 14th..A smart and fresh work!.. Can you tell us somethin’about this full-length and its composition process? Some tracks as TROJAN HORSE or OBLIVION are well known.. Although this was out on download in April we have now released the CD this week. Anyone can contact the band on Facebook for a copy. After we reformed for Brofest 2014 I was so surprised at the interest that I was inspired to writing songs again something I had not done for 30 years although I had never stopped playing the guitar. 85% of the music has been written by myself with the other 15% being a band collaboration. A lot of the album was recorded at Elliot's home studio and some at Gwaether's home studio. The drums were recorded in a Hall near where we live along with the majority of the vocals. Lyrics were written by myself, Ed and my wife with Elliot helping with the arrangement. One of the first lyrics we wrote Black Middens was inspired by a costal place near my home where these rocks actually exist. In ancient times many ships were wrecked there which led to folklore. We have used facts and folklore in this song. 💿 Can you tell us somethin’about the line up of this album? The line-up for this album was the same as the Brofest 2014 reunion gig with the exception of Elliot Sneddon on drums who joined the band a year later. 💿 The real “news” in music industry is the return of vinyl; What’s your feeling with this classic format? Will be there a vinyl version for INVASION IMMINENT? At the moment we have no plans to release Invasion Imminent on vinyl. It's quite surprising how popular vinyl has become again. It's a great format and something special to have and physically hold. It's something special to keep. The album covers always look so much better. 💿 What do you think about the renewed interest for NWOBHM and traditional hard’n’heavy music? It's fantastic the renewed interest in NWOBHM. I was unaware of this until we played Brofest. It's always been music I have been passionate about and so many great bands came from this period. It's pretty amazing when you see both the older and younger fans (who weren't even born) at gigs enjoying this great heavy metal music. Long may it continue. It just goes to show that Great Music never dies. 💿 Can you tell us somethin’about your next live gigs? Are there some dates already scheduled? We are currently looking for gigs next year. We have a couple confirmed for early next year. One is Mearfest North April 22nd. So if anyone is looking for bands for festivals or anything else please contact us on facebook. 💿 Thank you so much for your time! See you soon on HARDROCKHEAVYMETAL!

#WARRIOR #NWOBHM

17 visualizzazioni

© 2023 by PlayPlay. Proudly created with Wix.com